Let's start at the beginning - the consultation
You've decided you want to exist in photos. You want beautiful images of yourself for your family. You're tired of hiding behind "reasons" not to be in photos. Do these sound familiar?
- "I'll wait til I lose twenty pounds."
- "I'm not photogenic."
- "I never look good in a photograph."
- "I don't have the time."
- "I don't have the money."
- "I look like my mother."
We'll get to those reasons in a few paragraphs. Right now, we're going to track your journey through the Rebecca LaChance Art & Photography experience.
Whether you call me directly or completed the "Dream Photo Session" questionnaire, we'll schedule a chat. We can chat in the studio, over the phone, or via Skype.
Several items will be covered during the consultation. We'll talk about you and what makes you tick. How do you want to be known and seen? We'll dig deep into what are your favorite things to do and what gives you joy. You'll give me information to spark my creativity and help me design an artistic masterpiece about you and for you.
We'll talk about the best clothes to bring. Want that glamorous dress with all the bling? We'll talk about where to find it. And if needed, you can use the clothing props available in the studio.
We'll also talk about where your artwork will be placed in your home.
After the consultation, you'll be sent a link to the studio calendar. You'll quickly schedule your photo session.
The photo session - an elegant experience
You'll show up at your scheduled time, along with all your selected pieces of clothing. Your face will be clean and moisturized - no makeup and your hair will be clean and unstyled. This is where the fun begins!
While your makeup is applied and your hair is styled, I'll be arranging all the equipment in the studio to take the best images for each style of your clothing. We'll spend the next 60 to 90 minutes photographing you in different poses and different outfits. All the images we create will be with your personal artwork in mind.
The Big Reveal
I will start creating your art pieces immediately. Once your legacy art pieces are created, I'll notify you. Again, you will receive a link via email to schedule your BIG REVEAL in the studio. This is the moment you see the beautiful art that is you!
All the images you select will be printed and framed.
You will make your purchasing decisions during the Big Reveal and pay for your order at that time.
And when your completed order arrives, I'll notify you. You can pick up your legacy artworks from the studio. We'll celebrate!
About those "reasons"...
Sadly, I believe all the reasons listed above for NOT existing in photos stems from societal pressures about perfection. And let me tell you, we are all perfect as we are in this very moment. Let's celebrate who we are in this moment!
- Did you know with proper positioning and posing ANYONE can look 20 pounds less? It's true.
- If you think you are not photogenic or never look good in a photograph, you've probably never had your photo taken by a professional photographer. A professional photographer knows how to "bend" light and pose you to highlight your best. A professional photographer will use the lenses that are beneficial to your features.
- Time...wow, I hate to be morbid here, but I can not tell you the number of times an image became a treasured keepsake because the person in the photo had just transitioned from this life. Your family and future generations deserve to have a keepsake of you - now - while you can enjoy it together.
- Money? Rebecca LaChance Art & Photography has a payment plan.
- I can't change the fact that you look like your mother. However, I can produce an artwork that will show the beauty of you both!
"She Saves Monarch Butterflies"
The lady (featured in the opening images) is a dedicated monarch butterfly conservationist. She treks through fields retrieving monarch butterfly eggs, protects them in her unique monarch nursery, and when the butterflies emerge from the chrysalides, she releases them back into the wild. Last year she was responsible for saving and returning over 400 monarchs.
Her legacy artwork was created to honor her passion and her work. The background is a photograph of milkweed seeds taken in my backyard last year. The butterflies in the image are a combination of images of monarchs from my backyard and augmented with my photos of butterflies made from feathers. The butterflies are arranged within an aura or halo, influenced by my icon paintings.
Contact me to create the artwork of your life. I can't wait to see what we show the world about you.
Feel free to share on your social media. Comments and requests for consultation can be added in the section below, or over on the Facebook page.